Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hawaii

If you have not been to Hawaii, please do not wait another day in planning a trip. It does not matter what age you are, because you will feel so young and healthy visiting this beautiful state.

I remember in 1959, reading about Hawaii becoming our 50th state. Wow, I was 16 years old then, and just realized, that I am the opposite age now ... 61. I had not given Hawaii another thought at that time. I love being born and raised in northern California. Up to now, California has nourished me, and any kind of weather, terrain, or experience you would want, is here. Yes, I have visited other states in our beautiful country, but Hawaii seemed so far away. I never thought of New York as far away, but in "my world", Hawaii was so much farther. I kept saying someday, but for now, it is too far away, and I bet it cost a fortune to visit.

One of the reasons I am writing about this particular subject, is to reveal and share a shift in consciousness for me. In sharing my story, I hope it also shows how a shift in consciousness, allows all that we want, to happen FAST!!!!

Ten years ago, the subject of Hawaii came up in various ways. Friends going on vacation, television shows, sports being played, and Hawaiian advertisements on the side of buses...you name it, Hawaii was all around me. I still did not make time for a trip. What I did start saying to myself about 5 years ago was, "I am going to Hawaii before I am on an oxygen bottle". As you probably know, I was really saying, I better get there before I get to old, and not be in good health. I kept saying this from time to time, and never moving forward to visit Hawaii.

In November 2005, I was starting to say my "pat excuse" for not going to Hawaii, and suddenly I "heard" in my head, "stop saying that, otherwise you will manifest an oxygen bottle".."and that is not suppose to be your life". Boy, was that a surprise. I prided myself for "keeping my thoughts "clear and positive". It was not only the words that I heard fed back to me by the Universe, but also the "energy" it was delivered. I actually lost my breath, and the "ah ha" hit me between the eyes. I quickly said out loud, "cancel every thought regarding an oxygen bottle", and I am VERY open to going to Hawaii.

The very next day, I said more than once, "I am open to going to Hawaii". Within two days, I saw a bus go by with the "Hawaiian Airline" logo, and two television programs on different channels - one, was the Hawaii tourist organization telling you why Hawaii is the place to visit, and two, was a triathlon being held on Maui. That was it, I just knew I was going to Hawaii.

Two days after my above experience, my friend Rick called, and said he was going to Hawaii in late January 2006, and would I like to go. I said YES, before I had time to think about whether I had the time or money. I kept "open", and just knew I would make the time, and the money would appear. Rick was going for a month, and I went for one week. We flew to the Big Island, and I had the best week of my life. I fell in love with this island, and because of other wonderful experiences in my life since then, I have visited Maui (1), Oahu (2), and the Big Island another 3 times.

The moral of this story, is that when you are not getting what you want, it may not always be that timing is off, it just may be some part of your thoughts are getting in the way. Thank goodness that the Universe did not give me an oxygen bottle, and let me know to stop saying that. I know, that if I had kept saying my mantra about the oxygen bottle, eventually the Universe would say, "okay" I guess that is really what she wants. The Universe was saying, "hey", you are suppose to be going to Hawaii, but the oxygen bottle does not serve you, so we better hold off that trip.

To be continued.

No comments: